ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
All international candidates should meet any one of the following English language requrements set by the university before they are accepted for admission.
i. Students must obtain
- 550 in the TOEFL Paper Based Test; or
- 80 in the TOEFL Internet Based Test;
ii. Must obtain not less than 6.0 in the IELTS;
iii. Obtain a degree from any countries with English Language Education System (i.e. Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Botswana, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Cameroon, Canadam Cayman Island, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guam, Guernsey, Guyana, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Jamaica, Jersey, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malta, Marshal Islands, Mauritius, Monserrat, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Phillipines, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, U.S Virgin Islands, Uganda, United Kingdom, USA, Zambia, and Zimbabwe);
iv. A degree from any Public University in Malaysia with English as a language of instruction;
v. A degree from any Private University or College University in Malaysia that are listed in Malaysia Qualifications Register (MQR).
Students who do not meet any of the above English language requirements must attend the Intensive English Language Course for International Students for at least one semester and obtain a passing grade before they are allowed to register for postgraduate programme.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY TEST (ELPT)
The English Language Proficiency Test (ELPT) is a test designed to assess the English language proficiency of international students. ELPT is compulsary for international students who do not meet the English language requirement set by the university.
Rules and regulations:
- All international students who do not meet the above English language proficiency requirements must sit for the ELPT.
A pass grade in the ELPT and Intensive English Language COurse for International Students is a requirement for graduation.
The ELPT is exempted for the following students:
- Students who graduated from UUM and want to pursue their studies in UUM;
- Students who were terminated from UUM but later re-apply to pursue their postgraduate studies in UUM, and already have obtained either a passing grade in the ELPT. The result is valid for two (2) years);
- Students who are pursuing their postgraduate studies by research (Master or PhD) and are writing their thesis in the Malay language. However, these students are required to declare their intention to write the thesis in the Malay language by filling a declaration form.
RESULTS OF ELPT AND INTENSIVE ENGLISH LANGUAGE COURSE
The results will be announced officially by the School of Languages, Civilization and Philosophy (SLCP) to all Colleges and students via the UUM Portal.
|English Language Proficiency Test||RM 1,000 per student|
|Intensive English Language Course for International Students||RM 2,880 per student per semester|
*All fees and charges are subject to changes