Directory of Expertise
INSTITUTE OF STRATEGIC INDUSTRIAL DECISION MODELLING (ISIDM)
School Centre of Excellence (SCOE)
(+60) 4928 6384
- catalyzing collaborative research through institutional and community/ industry partnerships,
- developing novel methods and generating new knowledge to improve decision modelling research and practice,
- providing quality education and training in decision modelling, and
- fostering the understanding and implementation of decision modelling principles.
- The Development of National Identity Index for Malaysia.
- Hazard Detection System for Shrimp Continuous Survival.
- Frontier Hybrid of Simulation Models for Capacity Planning in Health Care Emergency Services.
- Simulation System of the University Utara Malaysia's Green Supply Chain.
- The Sustainability of Malaysian Feeder Service Sector.
- A Statistical Match Prediction System to Evaluate the Structure of Soccer Tournament.
- The Harmony Index for National Unity.
- Multi-criteria Modeling of Homestay Programs.
- Emergency Department Diagnosis Expert System.
- Performance Evaluation of Higher Learning Institutions.
- Credit Scoring Model for Banks.
- Program Budget Marginal Analysis for KPI Fulfilment.
- Strategic Plan 2035 for Kuala Muda District, Kedah
- Generalized Two Sided Group Chain Acceptance Sampling Plan Based On Truncated Life Test
- A Systematic Design Framework of Mobile Location Aware Eatery Recommendation System using Local Knowledge
- Developing System Dynamics Model to Enhance the Visualization of Stochastic Price Processes Perturbed by Long Memory: Malaysia Housing Sector
- Hazard Detection System for Shrimp Continuously Survival at Arca Biru Sdn. Bhd.
- Modeling and Evaluation of National Health Spending Trends Using Interpolation.
- Development of Simulation Framework in Analyzing Financial of Kumpulan Wang Persaraan.
- A Fuzzy Multi Criteria Approach In Evaluating Suppliers Quality.
- Malaysia Oil Palm Plantation Investment Decision Support System.
- Developing A Dynamic Model of Controlling Dengue Transmission in Malaysia.
- Battle Against Obesity using System Dynamics Model for Behaviour Change.
DECISION SUPPORT &
(+601) 9433 8671
This unit provides an understanding of the development and management of big data in a dynamic business environment. It will not only introduce the fundamentals of business intelligence from both a technical and an industrial perspective but will also explore potential opportunities for utilizing visual interactive simulations along with Business Intelligence (BI) as a decision support tool for strategic decision making. In doing so, the unit takes into account the business dimensions, imperatives and motivations that are associated with recent advances in technology and systems.
- To become the universities and industrial community consultant - provide them to the most appropriate quantitative techniques for generating knowledge.
- To consult on the application of data analysis methods - provide reports on data analysis for publication or thesis and advice on research strategy and design.
- To generate ideas and solutions for management improvement - provide guidances and advices on how to create and build teamwork in the organization.
- Student performance using web based predictice tools known as predictive analysis for student success.
- An android-based application that provides helpful ways for UUM users to report any problems/ issues related to UUM Online Learning.
- Web based application for data ming pre-processing task to be done on the cloud including data conversion and rule evaluation based on certain parameters.
- Profiling tourist route patterns using big data on social media.
- Assessing stakeholder's credit risk for construction project.
- Improving the institutional research and publication performance using clustering algorithm.
- Develop student co-curricular profile at university level.
QUANTITATIVE METHODS DEVELOPMENT & IMPROVEMENT (QMDI)
(+60) 4928 6409
Focus Area: Forecasting, Robust, Numerical Methods
To position QMDI as a prominent CoE in research, publication, consultation, training & innovation in continuous efforts to develop, enhance & establish reliable, practical & novelty methods in solving real world applications.
- Water quality
- Energy prediction
- Business prediction model
- Towards zero defect productivity
- Market competitiveness
- and other related applications
- Financial status prediction model of UUM students (SCOE/RU Grant)
- Thermal radiation effect on boundary layer flows over moving surfaces (Geran Penjanaan Penyelidikan UUM 2017)
- PLS path model building: A multivariate approach on study of student loyalty (Geran Penjanaan Penyelidikan UUM 2017)
- Innovative expert forecasting system for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) (FRGS 2017)
- New multi-step hybrid block methods for the direct solution of higher order differential equations (FRGS 2017)
- Multiplicity of solutions for non-newtonian fluid flows in deformable channels (FRGS 2017)