Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM): Making Connection, Innovation & Entrepreneurship
IACE2019 invites full-paper submissions, which may address the most recent theories, issues and practices among postgraduates, academicians and practitioners revolving around the above theme (papers not explicitly addressing the theme are also welcomed).
All accepted papers will be published in the AIP Conference Proceedings (Indexed in Scopus & ISI).
- Non-parametric statistics
- Multivariate statistical techniques
- Probabilty and stochastic process
- Business statistics
- Quality control
- Statistical modelling
- Data Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Number theory
- Fuzzy theory
- Mathematical finance and actuary
- Numerical analysis and science computing
- Mathematical computer sciences
- System dynamics optimization
- Simulation and modelling
- Control theory
- Quantitative Sciences
- Cloud Computing
- Communication networks and security
- Digital communication and online communities
- Business competitiveness, standard & sustainability initiative
- Knowledge science
- Technology and supply chain
- Risk management
- Environmental engineering
- Medical device and policy
- Helath Science
- Public health
- Each participant need to submit an abstract of their full paper for evaluation before they are allowed to present their paper at the conference.
- Abstracts of the full paper must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts of the full paper must be original and must not have been presented or submitted to any other conferences previously.
- Abstracts must be submitted by
15th November 201831st December 2018. Please use the template provided to prepare your abstracts.
- Notification of acceptance will be sent by
1st December 20181st January 2019 for authors to prepare their full paper.
- The paper must be original and have not been previously accepted in a journal or under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- All papers must conform to standard single-column format set in the template.
- The paper must be written in English with a maximum of 6 single-spaced pages, including an abstract, references, tables, figures and appendices
- Any additional page will be charge MYR150 per page
- Papers must be sent through the EasyChair System
- Selection of papers for oral presentation at the conference will be done through double blind review process. Please ensure that the authors' names do not appear in the first submission.
- At least one author for each accepted paper must register and pay the fees for the conference by
15th January 201930th January 2019 in order for the paper to be included in the program and the conference proceedings. By submitting a paper to present at the IACE 2019, you explicitly agree that you will definitely have a fund and shall register for the conference.
(with accompanying paper*)
- Each participant need to submit an abstract of their poster for evaluation before they are allowed to present their poster at the conference.
- Abstracts of the poster must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts of the poster must be original and must not have been presented or submitted to any other conferences previously.
- Abstracts must be submitted by
15th November 201831st December 2018. Please use the template provided to prepare for your abstracts and must be submitted through the EasyChair System.
- Notification of acceptance will be sent by
1st December 20181st January 2019 for authors to prepare their poster.
- Posters should be simple, brief and prepared having in minds, primarily, their use as a basis for the presentation and possible discussion of the work. However, they should be also self-intelligible.
- The poster should include an Abstract. The information may conveniently be divided into sections, starting with an Introduction and ending with Conclusion.
- The poster should be in A1 Size (594 mm x 841 mm)
- Poster numbers (Paper ID), should be placed in the left corner of the heading.
- Each poster presentation must have a title including the title of the paper, authors(s), affiliation(s), city and country.
- Each of the poster should contain a complete piece of information, such as the abstract, problem statement, objective and finding.
- Presenter of the poster must be a registered participant. Registration must be received by the Secretariat by
15th January 201930th January 2019 to ensure inclusion of the abstract in the Programme Book.
- Each presenter is expected to be at the poster location during the presentation time assigned for the relevant poster session. This time will be specified in the Poster Session Schedule.
- Poster presenters are kindly required to remove their posters, once the session is over.
- Please note there will be no session chairpersons for the poster discussions.
GUIDELINES FOR WORKSHOP INSTRUCTORS
Registration and Fees
The fees for one presenter is RM600. To confirm your workshop, you must register by the workshop deadline (31st December 2019).
- If you wish to limit the number of attendees in your session, please let us know immediately. Otherwise, the limit will be based upon the maximum number that the room and equipment can support.
- Your allocated presentation length is 30 minutes including question time.
For Workshop presentations, you highly encouraged to provide handout materials as a supplement.
You are responsible for making your own copies prior to the conference. You will be notified approximately a week prior to the conference of the number of pre-registered participants for your session.
The conference cannot be responsible for shipping costs associated with your session.
Workshop abstracts will be published in the Conference Book Program; therefore, submissions MUST be formatted according to the guidelines stated below. Abstracts that are incomplete or improperly formatted will be rejected. Please read the following instructions carefully and refer to the examples below.
Presentation Title (Begin title with an uppercase letter, the remainder of the title is lowercase letters, title should consist of one sentence or phase, no period at the end, maximum 255 characters)
Abstract body (Provide presentation abstract in one paragraph without tables, figures, references, headings or equations; Body text is limited to a maximum of 100 words).
Presenter 1’s name (Indicate presenter name)
Presenter 1’s affiliations (Spell out affiliations in full)
Presenter 2’s name (Indicate presenter name)
Presenter 2’s affiliations (Spell out affiliations in full)
PLEASE NOTE: In conference brochure, presenters will be identified as either Presenter (if one) and Presenter and Co-Presenters (if two or more).
EXAMPLES OF A WORKSHOP PRESENTATION SUBMISSION:
Presentation Title: Explore, Discover, Develop (ExDiD): Nurturing an Inquisitive Mind
Abstract: The advancement of STEM is the key driver for future economic growth in the world. Parallel to wave evolution of 4.0 IR, workers must be well equipped to originate, invent and solve problems in domains ranging from data mining, quantum information theory, networking, computer science, robotics, and artificial intelligence. Concentrating on the aforementioned discussion, thus, the project “ExDiD: Nurturing an Inquisitive mind” is an effort to offer insight in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) subjects for application in solving real problems. The learning outcome of this project is to enable students to acquire skills to become (1) problem solvers, (2) innovators, (3) inventors, (4) logical thinkers, and also be able to understand and develop the skills needed for (5) self-reliance and (6) technological literacy. To facilitate this learning, the activities are conducted in small groups of four to five students. Collaboratively, each group shall explore the nature of the problem, then discover patterns of solving problems from diverse aspects and finally, develop optimal strategy to reach the solution. These steps namely explore, discover and develop (ExDiD) form a strategic chain of core processes in building an innovative thinking which is fundamental for problem solving, decision making and commercialization.
Presenter: Prof. Dr. Haslinda Ibrahim, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Universiti Utara Malaysia
Co Presenter: Dr. Masnita Misiran
Templates provided here have been created to ensure that margin requirement is adequately met.
A manuscript should have less than 20% overall similarity. Authors are advised to thoroughly rephrase the similar text and properly cite the original source to avoid plagiarism and copyright violation.
|Abstract Submission Deadline|
|Notification of Abstract Acceptance|
|Full Paper/ Poster Submission|
|Camera-Ready Paper Submission & Payment Deadline|